A non-surgical rhinoplasty is also referred to as a non-surgical nose job, the “15-Minute Nose Job,” a liquid nose job or injection rhinoplasty. For some, this procedure can be used as a temporary substitute for surgical rhinoplasty. Dr. Sam Gershenbaum is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who frequently performs non-surgical rhinoplasty, rhinoplasty & rhinoplasty revision surgery at his cosmetic surgery center in Miami, FL.
See Before & After Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Photos here.
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Vs. Traditional Surgical Rhinoplasty
Depending on what a patient would like to accomplish through a surgical nose job, a non-surgical nose job may be a temporary alternative. A non-surgical rhinoplasty is less expensive than a traditional nose job and there are fewer risks associated with a 15-minute Nose Job than with a traditional surgical rhinoplasty procedure; however, the benefits that can be achieved through a non-surgical rhinoplasty are extremely limited. Furthermore, a surgical nose job is permanent; whereas, a non-surgical nose job is temporary, generally lasting anywhere from 10 to 12 months (sometimes longer).
Even so, a non-surgical nose job is ideal for individuals in Miami who:
- cannot afford a traditional surgical rhinoplasty;
- do not want to have a surgical procedure; or
- are unable to take the time necessary to heal following a surgical nose job.
Issues a Traditional Surgical Rhinoplasty Can Address
A surgical rhinoplasty can address all the issues that a non-surgical rhinoplasty can address, and then some. Individuals who would like their nose permanently reshaped can accomplish this with a traditional nose job.
During a traditional nose job with Dr. G in Miami, he can:
- reshape the patient’s nostrils;
- narrow the cartilage;
- reduce the size of the nose; and/or
- improve the functionality of the nose so the patient can breathe better.
Dr. Gershenbaum performs both open and closed surgical rhinoplasty procedures. If a patient chooses to have a surgical rhinoplasty, the issues a patient would like Dr. G to address during surgery determines which approach will suit the patient the best.
Surgical Rhinoplasty Vs. Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty – The Recovery
Although a non-surgical nose job is temporary, when compared with a surgical nose job, it does offer a variety of benefits:
- Following a surgical rhinoplasty, patients typically need about 10 days before returning to work or school; however, after a non-surgical rhinoplasty, the majority of patients can return to work or school the same day their procedure is performed.
- Patients who have a surgical rhinoplasty cannot participate in vigorous activity for approximately six weeks following their procedure.
- Bruising from a traditional nose surgery lasts about two weeks and inflammation typically lasts several weeks; whereas, with a non-surgical rhinoplasty, any swelling or bruising subsides within just a couple of days.
- Since a traditional rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure, patients receive anesthesia. A non-surgical rhinoplasty does not require anesthesia.
- A traditional nose surgery can last several hours: A non-surgical nose surgery only lasts about 15 minutes.
What a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Can Accomplish
Although a non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot accomplish everything that a traditional nose job can, it can address a variety of problems quickly and with virtually no pain or downtime. To perform a 15-Minute Nose Job in Miami, Dr. Gershenbaum uses injectable dermal fillers.
A non-surgical nose job is a valuable procedure for individuals who would like to:
- improve the symmetry of his or her nose;
- reduce the appearance of a hump;
- lift a droopy nasal tip;
- eliminate or reduce dents, depressions, or grooves;
- address a ‘saddle-nose’ or ‘scooped out’ profile;
- de-emphasize a rounded nasal tip (which is a prevalent characteristic in African-American and Asian populations); as well as
- raise and define a flat bridge.
Injectable Fillers Used During a Non-Surgical Nose Job
Dr. Gershenbaum can use a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure to improve the shape and appearance of an individual’s nose. To accomplish this, Dr. G uses a variety of injectable fillers.
The injectable fillers Dr. Gershenbaum uses to re-sculpt a patient’s nose include:
- RESTYLANE®; and
Dermal Fillers – The Specifics
JUVÉDERM®, PERLANE® and RESTYLANE®
These three fillers are hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers. Hyaluronic acid is a protein that naturally occurs in the skin; however, as time passes, the skin loses this protein, which leads to loss of volume, which contributes to the signs of aging.
None of these dermal fillers contain human or animal proteins. In addition, they are all 100 percent biodegradable. No allergy testing is necessary and all three of these dermal fillers are approved for use by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
RADIESSE® is also approved for use by the FDA. This injectable filler consists of calcium hydroxyl appetite. Calcium hydroxyl appetite naturally occurs in the teeth, bones and nails. RADIESSE® contains no animal- or human-derived protein. No allergy testing is required and this dermal filler is 100 percent biodegradable.
Prior to beginning the injections, Dr. Gershenbaum applies a numbing cream. Therefore, patients experience little to no pain, swelling or bruising.
With controlled, precise injections, Dr. G can:
- correct irregularities, dents and imbalances to provide the patient with a more symmetrical nose;
- hide a nasal hump;
- correct a wide or low nasal bridge;
- raise the nasal tip; and/or
- add to the nasal tip.
Although a non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot actually reduce the size of an individual’s nose, by creating balance, symmetry, and raising the nasal bridge, Dr. Gershenbaum can make the patient’s nose look thinner and smaller.
Procedures Patients Frequently Combine with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
Many of Dr. G’s patients choose to have multiple procedures at the same time.
Procedures that compliment a non-surgical nose job include:
– Facial enhancement with injectable fillers
At the same time Dr. Gershenbaum performs a non-surgical rhinoplasty, he can also use dermal fillers to add volume to the patient’s cheeks, to fill in the hollow areas beneath the eyes that frequently make an individual appear tired as well as improve the appearance of the patient’s jaw line and fill many of the lines/deep wrinkles in the face.
– Chin augmentation
A chin augmentation can be accomplished using injectable dermal fillers. A chin that appears weak or under projected can make an individual’s nose appear larger than it actually is. By correcting a weak and/or under projected chin with dermal fillers, once complete, the patient’s nose will actually appear smaller and his or her profile will also look more balanced.
A Non-Surgical Nose Job – The Technique
During a 15-Minute Nose Job, Dr. G injects tiny amounts of the dermal filler into areas of the nose that need volume. Once volume is added to these areas, the patient’s nose will be smoother with a more proportional appearance. Dr. Gershenbaum uses what is referred to as a ‘micro droplet technique.’ The micro droplet technique is not a quick fix and requires several treatments. Due to the way these dermal fillers work, to achieve the best results possible, treatments must be performed from four to six weeks apart.
A non-surgical nose job – how the body naturally assists dermal fillers:
- Following the dermal filler injections, the body’s own defenses begin walling off each micro droplet of the dermal filler that Dr. G injected. This walling off action actually holds the micro droplets of dermal filler in place. As time passes, this natural buildup of tissue creates more volume in the areas where the dermal fillers were injected.
- Due to the need for a natural buildup of the patient’s tissues, the true results of a non-surgical nose job are not evident for some time following an injection session.
- Directly after the patient’s injection session, Dr. Gershenbaum will have the patient schedule a follow-up appointment for a specific amount of time after his or her non-surgical nose job (i.e., at four to six weeks post injection session). At the patient’s follow-up appointment, Dr. G will examine the areas previously treated to determine if additional injections are necessary to achieve the results that the patient desires.
Dr. Sam Gershenbaum is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Miami. Due to his exceptional skills, experience and dedication to his craft, people from around the globe travel to South Florida seeking his expertise. If you are considering any kind of cosmetic, plastic or reconstructive surgery, contact Dr. G Cosmetic Surgery Center in Miami today at 305.933.1838 or fill out our online contact form by clicking here. We look forward to meeting you.