Mini Facelift Miami
Mini Facelift Surgery in Miami with Dr. G
Once the early signs of aging begin to arise in the neck and the face, an individual may look tired and/or saddened. Individuals who notice that they appear more tired than they actually feel or who are inadvertently giving others the impression that they are sad due to the way they look, should consider having a mini facelift.
Dr. Sam Gershenbaum is one of Miami Florida’s board certified, award-winning, plastic and reconstructive surgeons who frequently performs mini facelifts to address early signs of aging and restore the fresh, energetic facial expression that the majority of people lose as they age.
A Mini Facelift Vs. a Traditional Facelift (Rhytidectomy) – What is the Difference?
In short, a mini facelift is designed to improve an individual’s face from below the eyes to the jawline; whereas, a traditional Rhytidectomy improves the features of both the neck and the face.
Every aspect of a mini facelift is less than what is required for a traditional Rhytidectomy. Due to the reduced length of time required to perform a mini facelift, it is frequently referred to as the ‘one-hour facelift.’ When Dr. G performs a mini facelift, as opposed to a traditional Rhytidectomy, less anesthetic is used and the patient’s downtime is decreased: While it can take up to a month to fully recover from a traditional facelift, a mini facelift allows patients to resume their normal activities in approximately two weeks. Furthermore, a mini facelift is less expensive than a traditional Rhytidectomy is.
The Ideal Candidate for a Mini Facelift with Dr. G in Miami
During a mini facelift, Dr. Gershenbaum lifts sagging cheeks and reduces the wrinkles that commonly form around the nose (nasolabial folds). Dr. G can use this less invasive technique to turn back the clock and provide the patient with a more youthful, refreshed facial appearance. Whether an individual will benefit from this procedure or not can only be determined during his or her initial consultation at Dr. G Cosmetic Surgery in Miami.
Individuals who have more advanced and complex signs of aging on their face, jaw line and neck will not benefit from a mini facelift; however, these individuals may benefit from a traditional Rhytidectomy.
How Does Dr. Gershenbaum Determine if an Individual is a Good Candidate for a Mini Facelift?
This procedure addresses issues within the central portion of an individual’s face: Therefore, a mini facelift will not improve sagging jowls, loose skin on the neck or wrinkles that appear in the brow area. However, this procedure is ideal for an individual who has slight skin laxity in the mid region of his or her face.
The Ideal Candidate for a Mini Facelift in Miami
An ideal candidate for a mini facelift is a man or woman who has mild laxity in the central portion of the face, minimal sagging along his or her jaw line and slight volume loss in the mid face. Typically, these signs of aging begin to appear at some point between the ages of 40 and 55.
Choosing a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon to Perform a Mini Facelift
Maintaining the natural balance and symmetry of an individual’s face is essential as these characteristics are associated with beauty. Individuals in and around Miami considering any kind of cosmetic procedure, plastic or reconstructive surgery need to find an experienced, skilled surgeon that they can trust.
Dr. Gershenbaum’s experience and skill allow him to provide his patients with a refreshed appearance without creating an imbalance. For instance, a less-experienced plastic and reconstructive surgeon may not consider that if more youthful facial features are accomplished during this procedure, but the folds and creases in the neck are not addressed, the patient’s more youthful-looking face will emphasize the negative characteristics of his or her aging neck.
The Initial Consultation for a Mini Facelift in Miami
What to Expect During the Initial Consultation at Dr. G Cosmetic Surgery in Miami:
- At their initial consultation, patients should be prepared to provide Dr. G with information about their medical history, current medications, treatments, lifestyle choices (i.e., alcohol consumption, smoking, etc.) and what he or she would like to accomplish through plastic surgery.
- During the initial consultation, Dr. Gershenbaum examines the patient’s face and inquires as to what he or she would like Dr. G to address during surgery. He may also take photos of his or her face to use as reference when creating the patient’s surgery plan and for comparison purposes.
- After reviewing all of the patient’s information and examining his or her face, Dr. G will develop a plan tailored to meet the needs of that specific patient. By customizing treatment plans, Dr. Gershenbaum ensures that his patients receive the best mini facelift results possible.
Preparing for a Mini Facelift
Prior to their procedure:
- Patients will need to avoid certain medications prior to their procedure. A list of these medications is available on the Dr. G Cosmetic Surgery website.
- Individuals who smoke will need to discontinue smoking for no less than 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after their surgical procedure. Additionally, patients need to avoid secondhand smoke. Adhering to this recommendation is essential in that the chemicals in tobacco smoke inhibit the body’s ability to heal itself.
- Patients may be required to have routine blood work before their procedure with Dr. Gershenbaum at Dr. G Cosmetic Surgery Center in Miami.
- He may also request that the patient visit his or her primary care physician to receive a surgical release.
A Mini Facelift with Dr. Gershenbaum – The Procedure
A mini facelift takes approximately two hours to complete and patients will receive medications during their mini facelift.
At Dr. G Cosmetic Surgery in Miami, this procedure is performed on an outpatient basis: Since patients receive medications during their procedure, they will not be able to drive home following their surgery. Therefore, patients must arrive at the surgery center with their driver on the day of their mini facelift with Dr. Gershenbaum.
During a mini facelift, patients receive local anesthesia and sedation to ensure they feel no pain during their procedure.
2. Creating the Incision
Dr. G will create a small incision that follows the natural contour in front of the patient’s ear, around the earlobe to the back of the ear, near his or her hairline.
3. The Underlying Tissue is Gently Separated from the Skin
Once he creates the incision, Dr. G gently separates the underlying facial tissue from the skin.
4. Excess Fat is Removed Via Liposuction
Dr. Gershenbaum uses liposuction to remove any excess fat.
5. The Muscles and Tissues Are Tightened
Dr. G tightens the patient’s tissue and muscles using special sutures.
6. Skin is Repositioned
The skin is repositioned.
7. Dr. G Trims Away the Excess Skin
Dr. G removes any excess skin.
8. The Incisions Are Closed
When closing the incisions, Dr. G is mindful to use techniques that will make any resulting scars nearly invisible.
To ensure symmetry, Dr. G performs these procedure steps on both sides of the patient’s face.
For a short time following their procedure, patients remain in the recovery area. Dr. Gershenbaum will release the patient to his or her driver with detailed, post-operative instructions. These instructions address sleeping, bathing, medications and restrictions/tips related to other normal activities.
As they recover, patients need to rest and follow the instructions they received after their procedure. Patients should expect some inflammation, puffiness and bruising: All of which will subside within a few days. The majority of patients return to their normal routine within two weeks.
A mini facelift is not designed to change the overall appearance of the face, instead it is meant to restore a more youthful appearance. This procedure provides patients with a natural-looking result. In general, the results achieved with this procedure provide the patient with a more youthful appearance reminiscent of the 5 to 10 years prior to their procedure. Although a mini facelift cannot halt the aging process, it can slow it down considerably.
Dr. Gershenbaum and his staff are devoted to building relationships with their patients that are based on mutual trust. To accomplish this, they provide each of their patients with the highest-quality care available in South Florida. If you would like to learn about the various procedures available at our surgery center in Miami, contact the office today at (305) 933-1838 or through our online contact form.